View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
R
the numero uno
the numero uno

Female

PostSubject: Changes   Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:07 am

After much discussion,
the powers that be decided upon a new course of action when it comes to the OQL forum.
Starting today, members will be required to have at least fifteen posts to view the forum,
and we ask that you have fifty before we honor requests
(with over six-hundred topics, this should be quite easy).
By "fifteen posts", we don't merely mean one/two word replies.
The purpose is for you to contribute to the forum and community before obtaining the benefits of it. Kind of like a club. Kind of like the mafia. Fifteen posts where you instigate conversation or lend to it. Topics started to ask questions already answered in other places of the forum are not counted towards the fifteen.
It's the least you can do, honestly.

We understand that these guidelines will make us a bit unpopular to some,
but we feel them a necessary addition.
We're a family here, and if we're giving to you,
the least you can do is give back in return.

With that being said,
We'd also like to mention that upon reaching fifteen posts,
members will have to be added manually to the 'allowed list',
meaning it might take a few hours.

Feel free to shoot either TB or I a friendly message,
informing us of your monumental achievement
to possibly speed up this process.

Thank you for your understanding.

Last edited by R on Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man

Male Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: Changes   Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:23 am

Good idea!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker

Male Age : 41

PostSubject: Re: Changes   Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:25 am

Awesome. I've almost mentioned something along these lines before....maybe it should be 15 posts per month.

That's right. BACON.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
minimalist
Global
Global

Male Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: Changes   Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:00 pm

Mr.Wholesome wrote:

Awesome. I've almost mentioned something along these lines before....maybe it should be 15 posts per month.

Not a bad idea Wholesome.

R
the numero uno
the numero uno

Female

PostSubject: Re: Changes   Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:01 pm

minimalist wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:

Not a bad idea Wholesome.
Indeed. Administration shall discuss.

Last edited by R on Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leachcraft
Highlander!
Highlander!

Male Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Changes   Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:16 pm

How many people are actually reading the stuff on there but not contributing to the group? Is there a way administration can actually "see" who's lurking around, only reading the uploads? I was just wondering if this new rule came about due to many group members not posting...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker

Male Age : 41

PostSubject: Re: Changes   Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:19 pm

Leachcraft wrote:
How many people are actually reading the stuff on there but not contributing to the group? Is there a way administration can actually "see" who's lurking around, only reading the uploads? I was just wondering if this new rule came about due to many group members not posting...

I'm not an administrator so I can't know for sure if it is trackable but if you click on the members button above you can see all of the members. There are two and a half pages of members who have never posted. Over 2/3 of the "members" have NEVER posted.

That's right. BACON.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos

Male Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: Changes   Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:40 pm

Mr.Wholesome wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:

I'm not an administrator so I can't know for sure if it is trackable but if you click on the members button above you can see all of the members. There are two and a half pages of members who have never posted. Over 2/3 of the "members" have NEVER posted.

Also, you can see who is online and what forum/section they're at. Several times a day I've checked that and seen people who have never posted that were viewing the OQL forum.

This isn't about people not posting, but more about people who don't (or have never) posted but are still coming here to read the comics. It's kind of like when you throw a party and there's one guy who's just there for the free food. It's kind of annoying.

Last edited by True Believer on Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leachcraft
Highlander!
Highlander!

PostSubject: Re: Changes   Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:48 pm

Mr.Wholesome wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:

That happens everywhere...How many of the old ARA members are still members of the CLA? Better yet, how many of those are members of ItV? Now how many of those people ever posted more than one or two posts there, if any at all?? Of those who have posted, when's the last time they posted there?

Exactly...

Welcome to running a group...Just because a group has 100 members, doesn't mean that 100 people are participating...Usually, about a fourth of the total number of members actually participate on a regular basis...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leachcraft
Highlander!
Highlander!

PostSubject: Re: Changes   Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:53 pm

True Believer wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:

Also, you can see who is online and what forum/section they're at. Several times a day I've checked that and seen people who have never posted that were viewing the OQL forum.

This isn't about people not posting, but more about people who don't (or have never) posted but are still reading the comics. It's kind of like when you throw a party and there's one guy who's just there for the free food. It's kind of annoying.

I agree, but it's part of life...It's like people who don't post in a group, yet still take news or info from there, then post it in another place...It's annoying but it comes with the territory...All you can do is confront and/or kick the people out...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos

Male Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: Changes   Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:58 pm

Leachcraft wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:

This isn't about people not posting, but more about people who don't (or have never) posted but are still reading the comics. It's kind of like when you throw a party and there's one guy who's just there for the free food. It's kind of annoying.

I agree, but it's part of life...It's like people who don't post in a group, yet still take news or info from there, then post it in another place...It's annoying but it comes with the territory...All you can do is confront and/or kick the people out...

True, but I see this as a less confrontational alternative. And it encourages posting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local

PostSubject: Re: Changes   Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:26 pm

I like this idea because it encourages ppl to join in without forcing anything on them other than, you know, joining in.

Sir Smokes-A-Lot
Sir Smokes-A-Lot

Male Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: Changes   Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:53 pm

Leachcraft wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:

That happens everywhere...How many of the old ARA members are still members of the CLA? Better yet, how many of those are members of ItV? Now how many of those people ever posted more than one or two posts there, if any at all?? Of those who have posted, when's the last time they posted there?

Exactly...

Welcome to running a group...Just because a group has 100 members, doesn't mean that 100 people are participating...Usually, about a fourth of the total number of members actually participate on a regular basis...

Im a member of both ARA and Itv and I post on both regularly....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
minimalist
Global
Global

Male Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: Changes   Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:55 pm

Leachcraft wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:

That is exactly what we are doing. We don't want to kick them out, and we don't need to confront them. People have their own reasons for posting or not posting.
I think what we are asking for is more then reasonable.

Leachcraft
Highlander!
Highlander!

PostSubject: Re: Changes   Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:36 pm

minimalist wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:

That is exactly what we are doing. We don't want to kick them out, and we don't need to confront them. People have their own reasons for posting or not posting.
I think what we are asking for is more then reasonable.

I agree...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tayley
The ARA
The ARA

PostSubject: Re: Changes   Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:38 pm

yeah, and asking for a colored name is reasonable. dont make me become a tyrant again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maxyboi2424
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow

Male Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Changes   Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:50 am

R wrote:
After much discussion,
the powers that be decided upon a new course of action when it comes to the OQL forum.
Starting today, members will be required to have at least fifteen posts to view the forum,
and we ask that you have fifty before we honor requests
(with over six-hundred topics, this should be quite easy)

We understand that these guidelines will make us a bit unpopular to some,
but we feel them a necessary addition.
We're a family here, and if we're giving to you,
the least you can do is give back in return.

With that being said,
We'd also like to mention that upon reaching fifteen posts,
members will have to be added manually to the 'allowed list',
meaning it might take a few hours.

Feel free to shoot either TB or I a friendly message,
informing us of your monumental achievement
to possibly speed up this process.

Thank you for your understanding.
lol i remember when i first read this i was like
"holy shit, I'll never get that many!!!!! i don't want to talk to these people! john said there were comics!!!"
really wasn't that hard.
and i have hardly even read any comics just cause i'm so busy talking to you fine peole LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Figga
Odd Man Out
Odd Man Out

PostSubject: Re: Changes   Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:23 pm

True Believer wrote:
It's kind of like when you throw a party and there's one guy who's just there for the free food. It's kind of annoying.

I've done this on several occasions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tayley
The ARA
The ARA

PostSubject: Re: Changes   Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:51 pm

that's what she said.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Figga
Odd Man Out
Odd Man Out

PostSubject: Re: Changes   Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:19 am

twice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tayley
The ARA
The ARA

PostSubject: Re: Changes   Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:03 pm

in "that guy's" defense, i dont think he went there with the intent of eating all the food. im jus sayin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Changes   

Back to top Go down

Changes
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
the Anti-Registration Act :: Welcome-
Jump to: