minimalist
Global
Global

Male Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: What The F***   Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:26 pm

Leachcraft wrote:
R wrote:
DanElectro wrote:

I can't overlook the editing complaint since it's the only one I have. The Admins and Mods can't become babysitters and try to monitor all the different personalities and age groups on here. I think the best thing to do as Admins and Mods is simply to limit the moderating and editing. People are going to disagree and some members with more seniority will always somehow find it their right to intimidate newer members. But everyone has their own opinions and style and so what's most suitable for this forum is laissez faire governance. By that I'm suggesting interfering only when it's absolutely necessary. Otherwise, there's absolutely nothing that you can do short of censoring members or upsetting/intimidating people by constantly looking over their shoulders while they submit a post.

Honestly, I don't think the intentions of my fellow moderators lie in that direction.
While I won't deny that there were a few instances where the original posts should not have been altered,
most of it was done in a jokingly manner to older members of the community.
Now I'm not saying that that makes it okay, just pointing out that they weren't trying to filter out individual personalities from posts.

Why do you think none of us ever touch Tayley's posts?
The vast majority of them are an abomination to the names of grammar and spelling,
but obviously he doesn't care about that sort of thing. So we don't.

The posters, though, that make a conscious effort to type in an orderly manner, we might fix a mistake or two in their post.
(or, we would have previously. In light of recent events things are going to be done a bit differently).
Only one of Carlito's posts have ever been edited, and that was solely to clear up some confusion about what he had said.

The editing isn't to intimidate members,
it's supposed to be rather a safeguard for unintentionally spelling maybe one word wrong
(which could change the meaning of the entire message).

But if you don't feel that way,
then we can certainly make changes to how things are being run around here.

"Yo, I do whatever the fuck I want. With great power comes bitchin ass shit.

So deal with it.

But I get bored, I only changed your post like twice.....for funsies, in fact, in reason for editing I put "for funsies".

It's pretty apparent that we edited the posts, because it's the single post that is out of character. Besides I only edited two posts of yours in a section where I also gave you free comics so chill out."

I'm sorry, but that's completely unacceptable coming from a moderator...

wow.... That is bullshit....

Who said that?... WHat was the context.... and were they being serious or joking?

wow...

Leachcraft
Highlander!
Highlander!

Male Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: What The F***   Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:56 pm

minimalist wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:
R wrote:
DanElectro wrote:

I can't overlook the editing complaint since it's the only one I have. The Admins and Mods can't become babysitters and try to monitor all the different personalities and age groups on here. I think the best thing to do as Admins and Mods is simply to limit the moderating and editing. People are going to disagree and some members with more seniority will always somehow find it their right to intimidate newer members. But everyone has their own opinions and style and so what's most suitable for this forum is laissez faire governance. By that I'm suggesting interfering only when it's absolutely necessary. Otherwise, there's absolutely nothing that you can do short of censoring members or upsetting/intimidating people by constantly looking over their shoulders while they submit a post.

Honestly, I don't think the intentions of my fellow moderators lie in that direction.
While I won't deny that there were a few instances where the original posts should not have been altered,
Now I'm not saying that that makes it okay, just pointing out that they weren't trying to filter out individual personalities from posts.

The vast majority of them are an abomination to the names of grammar and spelling,

The posters, though, that make a conscious effort to type in an orderly manner, we might fix a mistake or two in their post.
(or, we would have previously. In light of recent events things are going to be done a bit differently).
Only one of Carlito's posts have ever been edited, and that was solely to clear up some confusion about what he had said.

it's supposed to be rather a safeguard for unintentionally spelling maybe one word wrong

So deal with it.

But I get bored, I only changed your post like twice.....for funsies, in fact, in reason for editing I put "for funsies".

It's pretty apparent that we edited the posts, because it's the single post that is out of character. Besides I only edited two posts of yours in a section where I also gave you free comics so chill out."

Who said that?... WHat was the context.... and were they being serious or joking?

wow...

I believe that was a couple of posts from Jerk, in response to Goz's frustrations with his posts being altered...It's on the first page of this thread...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
minimalist
Global
Global

PostSubject: Re: What The F***   Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:02 pm

Leachcraft wrote:
minimalist wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:
R wrote:
DanElectro wrote:

So deal with it.

wow...

I believe that was a couple of posts from Jerk, in response to Goz's frustrations with his posts being altered...It's on the first page of this thread...

I just looked on the first page I didnt see it.

He said that shit to GoZ?.....

Thank you for letting me know

True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos

Male Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: What The F***   Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:10 pm

Leachcraft wrote:
R wrote:
DanElectro wrote:

So deal with it.

We know. And this was a completely graceless response from Jerk that we're trying to deal with, without fueling any flames. But as disrespectful as this was, Jerk is responsible for about half the content in our OQL forum and he's a respected ARAer.

I'm trying my damnedest not sound like his mother, but this kind of thing won't happen anymore.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leachcraft
Highlander!
Highlander!

PostSubject: Re: What The F***   Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:15 pm

minimalist wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:
minimalist wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:
R wrote:
DanElectro wrote:

So deal with it.

wow...

Yeah, it's a little hard to find...Apparently the original post has been deleted, so you have to look for it in the quoted part of another post...I think it's Dan Electro's...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man

Male Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: What The F***   Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:28 pm

Leachcraft wrote:
minimalist wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:
minimalist wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:
R wrote:
DanElectro wrote:

So deal with it.

wow...

Yeah, it's a little hard to find...Apparently the original post has been deleted, so you have to look for it in the quoted part of another post...I think it's Dan Electro's...

It's in the "BATMAN" thread page 1.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tayley
The ARA
The ARA

Male Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: What The F***   Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:32 pm

for the record, i do the bad grammar as part of the bit. in reality i used to be just as much as a stickler for bad grammar as red. im actually fantastic in english and "language arts" of the sort. so dont take the stupidity for weakness.

and a for the altering the posts, i didnt even really notice. if anything, i would see it as unnecessary too, but i would just think you guys were doing it out of boredom. youre sitting there and noones on the boards or noones posting so you just start dicking around wwith stuff, which i guess makes it a little more ok, but it's still kind of messed up, but not THAT bad. i guess it doesnt hurt anyone really, except like dane said, certain peoples character i guess, unless they were just doing it unintentionally.

now that thats out the way and my opinion has been heard lets get back to the real issue. WHY IS HEIDENN'S NAME COLORED!? WHAT DOES HE DO!? WHAT ABOUT ME? WHAT ABOUT RAVEN!?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos

PostSubject: Re: What The F***   Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:40 pm

Tayley wrote:
for the record, i do the bad grammar as part of the bit. in reality i used to be just as much as a stickler for bad grammar as red. im actually fantastic in english and "language arts" of the sort. so dont take the stupidity for weakness.

and a for the altering the posts, i didnt even really notice. if anything, i would see it as unnecessary too, but i would just think you guys were doing it out of boredom. youre sitting there and noones on the boards or noones posting so you just start dicking around wwith stuff, which i guess makes it a little more ok, but it's still kind of messed up, but not THAT bad. i guess it doesnt hurt anyone really, except like dane said, certain peoples character i guess, unless they were just doing it unintentionally.

now that thats out the way and my opinion has been heard lets get back to the real issue. WHY IS HEIDENN'S NAME COLORED!? WHAT DOES HE DO!? WHAT ABOUT ME? WHAT ABOUT RAVEN!?

I've never actually edited your posts, I only edit unintentional grammatical errors (and even then, only rarely) to clarify the intended message of a post. I get that this is all a part of some persona you've manufactured. I mean, I don't do it for fun. I don't to make a post more understandable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
minimalist
Global
Global

PostSubject: Re: What The F***   Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:42 pm

Tayley wrote:

Who the hell is Raven?

Tayley
The ARA
The ARA

PostSubject: Re: What The F***   Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:44 pm

oh ok. but yeah, i think everyone pretty much gets what people are saying here even if its not completely correct, but if i guess i see what you mean. im not jumping on the "piss on mods" bandwagon or anything(though i should because my pleas for a colored name CONTINUE to go ignored) im just justifying what others are saying and trying to understand why. but like i said thats not the issue. i want ma name colored. like them folks the jeffersons and whatnot.

the what about raven was a wrestling quote. its not important.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man

PostSubject: Re: What The F***   Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:46 pm

minimalist wrote:
Tayley wrote:

Who the hell is Raven?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos

PostSubject: Re: What The F***   Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:48 pm

GoZ wrote:
minimalist wrote:
Tayley wrote:

Who the hell is Raven?

That's so Raven.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man

PostSubject: Re: What The F***   Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:50 pm

True Believer wrote:
GoZ wrote:
minimalist wrote:
Tayley wrote:

Who the hell is Raven?

That's so Raven.

Oh, TB, You scamp!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tayley
The ARA
The ARA

PostSubject: Re: What The F***   Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:53 pm

hahahahaha

actually, i finally got to meet my friend's younger sisters and their names are chelsea and raven. except one is like 14 and the other is almost 12 so they were definetly before the show, but i just found that pretty funny. they dont get it though.

by the way, the friend i was talking about is named josh. not cory or eddie.

.....i have a younger sister thats why i.....never mind. THAT CHICK IS HOT! and if raven loses like 15 or 20 pounds she can be too. just lose it in the right places.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
minimalist
Global
Global

PostSubject: Re: What The F***   Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:02 pm

grapplermatt
Youngling
Youngling

PostSubject: Re: What The F***   Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:15 pm

Hedinnweis wrote:
R wrote:
Hedinnweis wrote:
R wrote:
TJ wrote:
Hedinnweis wrote:
R wrote:
Oh, and about the lurkers:
I don't think they're so much scared to post as they are just leeching off of us (via the OQL forum).
Na' mean?

Also. The lurkers want our bods. We oldschool original members are the sex.

so this sort of like...................huh?

Yeah, I didn't get it either.

Sorry. I've been up since yesterday.
Not alot I say will make sense when I'm tired. Ever.

Yeah, I think that can be said of mostly everyone.

Why are you not sleeping then?
What is so terribly important that it's been keeping you awake?

Well I was doing a 24 hour comic (see my post in Generalisms) but I made the mistake of starting it at 10 pm immidiatly after a long weekend. Long story short. I was too exhausted to work on the comic but too awake to sleep. I'm still up.

I checked out that link you gave for the 24hour comic. Seems cool. How is yours coming along?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jerk
Rogue
Rogue

Male Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: What The F***   Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:30 pm

Look, I realize I am at fault for abusing my powers as moderator, and for disregarding the feelings of Goz. Since I never gave a REAL apology, here it goes:

When I edited his post I thought I was doing so for a thread that wasn't made for discussion and because I was bored, but that's no excuse, and what I did was very disrespectful. I meant no disrespect in my first reply to Goz's Complaints, I was simply joking and I wasn't sure at the time if Goz was actually very mad or not. My second reply was unacceptable, and stupid, and I apologize for any frustration my actions have caused. I deleted the posts in question and I can only hope that Goz can forgive me, as well as anyone else who may feel offended by what I've done.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hedinnweis
Local
Local

Male Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: What The F***   Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:35 pm

grapplermatt wrote:
Hedinnweis wrote:
R wrote:
Hedinnweis wrote:
R wrote:
TJ wrote:
Hedinnweis wrote:
R wrote:
Oh, and about the lurkers:
I don't think they're so much scared to post as they are just leeching off of us (via the OQL forum).
Na' mean?

Also. The lurkers want our bods. We oldschool original members are the sex.

so this sort of like...................huh?

Yeah, I didn't get it either.

Sorry. I've been up since yesterday.
Not alot I say will make sense when I'm tired. Ever.

Yeah, I think that can be said of mostly everyone.

Why are you not sleeping then?
What is so terribly important that it's been keeping you awake?

Well I was doing a 24 hour comic (see my post in Generalisms) but I made the mistake of starting it at 10 pm immidiatly after a long weekend. Long story short. I was too exhausted to work on the comic but too awake to sleep. I'm still up.

I checked out that link you gave for the 24hour comic. Seems cool. How is yours coming along?

Never finished it. Was too tired. Essentially Brain Dead by morning.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker

Male Age : 41

PostSubject: Re: What The F***   Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:59 pm

Jerk wrote:
Look, I realize I am at fault for abusing my powers as moderator, and for disregarding the feelings of Goz. Since I never gave a REAL apology, here it goes:

When I edited his post I thought I was doing so for a thread that wasn't made for discussion and because I was bored, but that's no excuse, and what I did was very disrespectful. I meant no disrespect in my first reply to Goz's Complaints, I was simply joking and I wasn't sure at the time if Goz was actually very mad or not. My second reply was unacceptable, and stupid, and I apologize for any frustration my actions have caused. I deleted the posts in question and I can only hope that Goz can forgive me, as well as anyone else who may feel offended by what I've done.

You manned up to it and gave the apology. That's a good thing. It's always best to just take one to the chin when you are obviously wrong. Good job.

That's right. BACON.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man

PostSubject: Re: What The F***   Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:06 pm

Jerk wrote:

Apology accepted. No hard feelings?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jerk
Rogue
Rogue

PostSubject: Re: What The F***   Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:44 pm

GoZ wrote:
Jerk wrote:

If you're good, then I'm good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man

PostSubject: Re: What The F***   Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:46 pm

Jerk wrote:
GoZ wrote:
Jerk wrote:

Then it's all good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
R
the numero uno
the numero uno

Female

PostSubject: Re: What The F***   Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:02 pm

GoZ wrote:
Jerk wrote:
GoZ wrote:
Jerk wrote:

Then it's all good.

Good.

Local
Local

PostSubject: Re: What The F***   Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:11 am

R wrote:
GoZ wrote:
Jerk wrote:
GoZ wrote:
Jerk wrote:

Then it's all good.

Good.

gooderest!!

Can we all hug now?

Rogue
Rogue

PostSubject: Re: What The F***   Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:39 am

Shadowrenderer wrote:
R wrote:
GoZ wrote:
Jerk wrote:
GoZ wrote:
Jerk wrote:

Then it's all good.

Good.

gooderest!!

Can we all hug now?

We draw the line at some point.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What The F***   

Back to top Go down